Monday, June 24, 2019

Honey Cinnamon Cake







I have been waiting for this week to try some new fun recipes. Why? Well, I turn 65 on Saturday, and I thought it might be fun to have some friends over during the week. Here is the one I have chosen for tomorrow. Today was simply left-overs from Sunday dinner and the ever-popular "last of the chili."


Honey Cinnamon Cake (cake) 1 pkg Classic yellow cake mix 3/4 cup vegetable oil 4 large eggs 1 cup regular sour cream (Cinnamon layer) 1/3 cup honey 1/3 cup brown sugar 1 tablespoon cinnamon (glaze) 2 cups powder sugar 1/3 cup milk 1 tsp vanilla Set oven to 350 degrees. Spray to prep 9x13 baking dish. In a large bowl mix together cake ingredients. Transfer to prepared dish. Cover top of cake with 1/3 cup honey. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the top of the honey layer. With a butter knife, swirl mixture together to just combined. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean. Remove from oven and mix powder sugar, milk and vanilla and pour over top of hot cake. As the cake cools glaze will be absorbed.


So... I will let you know tomorrow how this turned out. As usual, I don't have everything on the list, so I will do some crafty substitutions according to hacks on Google!

Have a great day! We finally got some sunshine, and it is looking good for a week with minimal rain. I am a cattle farmer's daughter, so I usually don't bash a rainstorm. The pastures are pretty lush in the Heartland.

Oh... and I am watching a movie a night this week on my laptop in bed. Last night it was Harrison Ford and Rachel McAdams, Diane Keaton... Yep ... 2010's Morning Glory... Leave me any suggestions in your comments... for movies or things to cook!





Whimsy and Hugs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gayla

I so enjoy peeking in on your wonderful, fulfilling life with friends and activities, and especially the gatherings around that fabulous old table. I'd love to have been at it just ONCE per decade of its long and faithful life. And a Happy Birthday to you, so far away on the Prairie. (I always think of that luscious word in Mary McDonnell's voice to Kevin Costner in DWW). I passed your milestone LO, this long ago, and hope your next decades are as wonderful as the THEN and the NOW seem to be. Hope this note reaches you---I'm still wandering in e-Limbo, but someday....