Sunday, March 10, 2019

Spring Back! Kwitcherbellyaching!




See how silly that adage is? We could very easily fall on our faces and spring back.... It is the same as finding definitions from context on a Missouri standardized test. (and likely any state)  It helps a ton to already know the definition....  My favorite example from a MO Language Arts Test.

Father XXXXXXed wildly in the street when his lawn mower caught fire.
             A.  screamed   
             B. waved his arms
             C. ran
             D. called for help

Yeah... Now the x's stand in for the word, which was "gesticulated" and since we know the word or at least gestures, we can mark B. But.... the skill tested there isn't definition by root or knowledge. It was context... Oh, well... Let it go!


The past few years I have complained about Daylight Savings Time, so I won't do that this year. I am honestly sick of hearing so many complaints about winter. But then isn't it complaining to say that? I would estimate I am kinda cranky today.



Today was pretty, with its wind and mud and lady bugs! I need some kind of motivation toward positive motion... I have become either a recluse or a homebody. Sigh... So shoot me.  I enjoy hanging out here, and I adore company... Not a fan of going out.

I have my XXXXXs.
          A. excuses
          B.  faults
          C. reasons
          D. All of the above

Yep. You guessed it.



I'm sprinkling a few photos of Easters gone by, and they have motivated me to drag out the totes and throw up some rabbits.  bring forth the Spring treasures and create a light-hearted ambiance... I've decorated already for St. Patrick's day, and I will show ya my Irish charm in a future post.    .... can Spring be far behind?


Happy March. 10th! Wow!








Whimsy and Hugs!

1 comment:

Miss Merry said...

The little church is just precious. The older I get, the more I enjoy staying home.