Saturday, February 23, 2019

Light in the Darkness...

Just a little peek at a new light I was given this week.



One of my dear friends was a senior in high school the year I started teaching, and we've been together all these many (43) years! I was honored to teach her two children, and following my retirement I finished off my career with only one long-distance student, her son Antonio. This wonderful young man has been featured here several times as his life has touched so many of us. A brilliant writer and incredible spiritual motivator, Antonio does not speak due to Autism. I miss the day to day contact with one of the kindest, most intuitive, and expressive souls I have ever known. However, I see his Mom nearly every week and have the pleasure of seeing his sister and her husband and new baby often.



As well as writing, Antonio paints with his mother's assistance, He makes these fabulous lamps, so, of course, I ordered one... and my friend wouldn't let me pay!!!  I will try to think of something fun to do to thank him, but in the meantime, isn't it fabulous? Depending on which side we look at, I see many hidden figures and impressionistic shapes...



Whimsy and Hugs!

No comments: