Saturday, January 19, 2019

Nanook

Wind chill? -17. Eeeeeek!


I am happy our electricity is on and it is the weekend, so my son can stay cozy! My cat has developed a deeper love for me... Wait a minute. Can it be she just likes me because I am warm? Hah!


I have seen a few cardinals, although they stayed in and watched Turner Classic movies today, I think. This guy hopped right up to peer in at me Friday.


Good weather for crochet and soup, although today I decided to make canned chicken boats, which are kind of a Spring/Summer fare... Tomorrow is Sunday, so I plan to do something wintry and comforting.




I have Audible from Amazon, so I can cheerfully say it is really fun to sit with a mug of hot tea, crochet, and watch it snow.  In fact, if my son didn't sleep in the living room, I would crochet through the night. We don't have any beds (except mine) and he is rather partial to a sofa half the night and a recliner the other half. The rooms he occupies are cold as ice in the winter and super hot in the summer anyway.  


Lost a lamp last week. It was a beauty, an antique, and it just fell off the wall in the middle of the night. The blow also broke a plate glass table topper. I will give you a peek at the clean-up. The one above works only when someone slams the door just right. What do they say about old houses in winter? Aw.... we love this one, drafts and all.



I wish you cozy days and snuggly nights. The forecast is just a bit dreary for the next couple of weeks. People sure do talk a lot about the weather, don't they? Take care and be safe... 


My old friends, Tom and Viv.... I love them....
Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Glad you are keeping warm! We finally got the snow we haven't had all winter and it came all at once. Yesterday we got 8 inches, now we are getting more lake effect snow and 35 and 45 mph winds. Our temperature is -2 without the wind chill. And I am not leaving my house! My family is not so lucky. Two nurses, one cop and two that are working on the railroad which never closes. Brrrrr

linda said...

Too bad about the lamp.
Your crochet looks lovely.
Linda