Sunday, January 27, 2019

A Clipper

I have been seeing the term Clipper tossed about in weather reports. It seems we are rather caught in the path of a Canadian Clipper, a frosty Northeaster.


So... it was time to refresh my kitchen hutch.


These are my sweet set of Strawberry Faire dishes by Johnson Brothers. My mom insisted I order the plates, salad plates and cups and saucers all for Christmas from EBay. She would not have it that I get just a little at a time. It was our last real Christmas together. I have always loved this pattern. Even more this set right here.


I will have you know I found my tote of Valentine decor, and you will see it super super soon.


Just cozy weather for planning and journaling. I hear how slick my ramp and porch remains although we did work on it... I am pampered and blessed to get to stay inside this month.


My Gramma (and I--watching--) created that old hen, and those doilies were always on the arms of her big chair. The sofa ones were pineapple, and I have been learning that motif. However, this scarf is still a comfy favorite V-stitch in Raspberry Swirl colorway. 



I am clipping along with the scarves. I keep telling myself it's just a hobby, and I only need to enjoy myself. I don't really have to have a purpose to my "madness." 


We can all pause and take a page from the kitty kat book of sleeping if we're tired and climbing wherever we are able, NO MATTER WHAT!


This is her face when I am ten inches away screaming, "Get down." Oh, I am so NOT alpha...

See you soon, Snowbunnies!


Whimsy and Hugs!

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

LOL- And look how good she minds when you scream GET DOWN. lol
Love those dishes - I have always, always wanted a set of Strawberry Faire but don't suppose I will get them now that I am downsizing. Lucky you!!! Happy last week of January- xo Diana

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh my word.....she is just the cutest little thing! With her sweet looks, I'll bet she can get away from just about anything. Lol! Enjoy this Northeaster, Gayla, and stay warm and cozy in that darling home of yours! We're supposed to get daytime sub-zero temps this week. The coldest in 25 years. Ugh. Can hardly wait for the warmth of sprng!!!

xoxo Laurie

Anonymous said...

Love your sweet strawberry look! And you have been super industrious with the fibers! Lovely!

Pink Rose said...

lol beautiful fur baby you have ,look at those wonderful eyes.You have a lovely home and i love your scarf's.
I am also your newest follower hope you will visit and follow me too.
I love all the pretty china you have in your hutch,it all looks wonderful,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx