Thursday, December 27, 2018

Fabulous



As many of you who have been loyal readers and friends and family know, I like to choose a word of the year. Often (usually) I don't remember it even until February, sad to say. But... even so, it is a fun thing to do...



I think this word is a shocker. It hit me tonight, and although it doesn't describe my style... or myself.... I cannot shake its magnetism.



FABULOUS.



Ever the word origin guru, I googled and checked the thesaurus. Sounds good to me.



amazing, astonishing, astounding, fantastic, fantastical, incredible, marvelous, miraculous, phenomenal, prodigious, stupendous, unbelievable, wonderful, wondrous. See good. Particularly excellent: divine, fantastic, fantastical, glorious, marvelous, sensational, splendid, superb, terrific, wonderful.




So.... this word will be fabulous for 2019. Fables and fantasy (with the old French origin "fableux.") Wonderful and divine (to ground me back to the Heavenly Creator.)





Whimsy and Hugs!

No comments: