Friday, December 7, 2018

Christmas at our House

Whimsy and Hugs!  Just thought I might share pictures of our home this Christmas. I am really enjoying the new rooms. I set a goal to be finished with everything by the 7th....  That's today! So I  have been loving the sparkle and shine. This week I had a couple days with good friends here for lunch. I love seeing my friends and family at my table!!!


Cheese ball recipe is so easy! I mix a room temperature package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, 1/2 c. Harry & David Sweet Onion Relish (or Salsa also works!), 1 c. shredded (bagged) cheese of choice, 1/4 c. crumbled bacon, 2 T. minced onion. Blend together and top with parsley. As Paula Deen says, "Let the flavors marry." Chill and serve.




Mama stitched the Lord's prayer years ago, and I found the pretty festive picture that Mama had bought and stored in her closet.  


I bought this tree a couple years ago. In this light it looks lemony yellow, but it was called "buttercream." My original idea was to finish it out with old family cookie cutters and red gingham... Here's the part where I know the location of cookie cutters....  FAIL!



Watchcat...  It is a thing! She takes her job seriously. 


I have been on a binge of making Rice Krispie treats. I usually add a big scoop of peanut butter. I make it in the microwave (3 minutes) so from idea to cookie is only about five minutes tops.. I  found these adorable cookie wrappers on Amazon. HERE


Two lace pot holders in white crocheted by my two grandmothers.



I love to have different teas for my guests to choose.






The struggle to keep this bedroom of mine presentable is a constant battle. It is visible at all times, so... I can't let up a second. The comfortable nature of clutter is waiting in the wings to leap out and mess this room up "good." And... I have no closet (my usual culprit for stashing nonsense behind doors.

















Mama's Hallmark Houses collection.





I spent today with my Christmas cards and wrapping papers...  Even the sparkly sunshine has not melted the snow from the branches. This year really seems like winters of my childhood, with several snows in the books. I have some crochet projects and stitching kits to work on.. Merry Christmas from our house to yours!




1 comment:

Miss Merry said...

Such beautiful treasures! Your home is just lovely. And I am craving cheese and crackers.