Monday, November 26, 2018

Merry Christmas!


Thanksgiving was such a good holiday this year. We invited a dear friend and enjoyed the usual, traditional fare. I love to cook, so it was just peaceful and lovely. And then on Friday it began...


Not sure that things will stay in the spots they've chosen, but I am focusing on boxes/totes...  They cross in the night, those unorganized, unmarked plastic totes of fall, Americana, Spring, Halloween, and now Christmas. I always swear I will fix this mess, but I made it worse. With renovation and shuffle I just cannot find some things... We shall see if they surface this year or next... or ever. I have things that have just wandered off and crawled in the wrong boxes... Oh well...  Forgive me! For a minute there I"almost" was talking about "stuff" again.  Almost.


Capturing the blue hour at evening is harder for me, but I did it today.



Full moon at my window this month, the Beaver Moon they called it. My friend and I saw it rise, and the size and color were fantastic... I love that old moon.


 My kitty waits in the window from about 4 o'clock until my son gets home... or it turns dark.


I hope to bring you completed holiday results very soon. In the meantime, here is a casserole I have made twice. I varied from this recipe a little, so I will tell you at the end. It was pronounced a success by my "boys."






TACO CASSEROLE BAKE


READY IN: 45mins
SERVES: 6

UNITS: US

INGREDIENTSNutrition
1 1⁄2lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
1⁄4cup of chopped onion
1(8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1(15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1⁄2cup water
3tablespoons taco seasoning (1 package)
1(8 ounce) package cornbread mix
1 can fried onions (the green bean casserole kind)
1-2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese


DIRECTIONS

I use a 9 x 13 pan and omit the water, taco seasoning, and onion. Instead I use 3/4 cup salsa.

After cooking and draining the ground beef, add the onions, tomato sauce, corn, water, and taco seasoning.
Spoon into a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
Prepare the corn bread according to the package directions. Add in 1/2 the fried onions and mix. Pour over the beef mixture.
Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until the cornbread is done.
Top with cheese and rest of fried onions and bake 5 more minutes to melt the cheese.
Enjoy!








3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I hope you can find the tote stuff you are missing. That is always aggravating, isn't it? Love your window pictures and the play of light...beautiful.

I hope you have a great week- xo Diana

Miss Merry said...

I have the same problem. It seems like I can find every tote except the one I really want to find!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog from a friends blog we have in common so I came to visit lol your home looks lovely and I lose things all the time , your photos are beautiful