Saturday, October 20, 2018

Brrrrrrrr.......

Whimsy and Hugs!

Tonight expecting a low of 25 degrees! I am convinced it is still Fall, but it feels a bit wintry around the edges. I asked my son if he knew what this weather meant...  "Chili!" he laughed. I have been trying not to make chili as often as I did last year, but it is my go-to comfort food, I think. So tomorrow it is gonna happen!


Spent this sunny, blustery Saturday inside, fiddling around with the last of the Halloween decor and doing laundry.... and basically seemed to accomplish more today than all week (which isn't saying much.) I have noticed a disturbing trend... (disturbing to me, I guess.) I watch quite a bit of those life style YouTube videos with Fall Tours and Halloween reveals...  and much like retail, they are taking down their Fall and putting up Christmas...  I know it is their business, but I can't imagine taking down decor before the holiday we decorated for...  although I admit I have wanted to at times...  (My mom would quickly tell me if this is all I have to be worried about, I am doing pretty good...  her code words to "shuddupaboutit"....)


A friend of mine, actually the custodian at the school where I used to teach...  This is his home all decked out for Halloween. He loves to go all out with those big inflatables, and he usually stands out there most evenings... I think he has to protect them from vandals with cigarettes...  Isn't that a crock? He has a haunted yard maze for trick-or-treaters and hands out cold pop. 


Well, think I will cozy in for some extra sleep tonight. I made popcorn with apples and brownies, but I failed to realize what  convection oven does to really thin brownies... My son said they were "crunchy but good." I feared for my already compromised dental situation... Wow...


Enjoy whatever season you want to... I officially am minding my own bee's wax.

2 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I agree Gayla! My "fall" pumpkins stay up until after Thanksgiving. And don't get me started on the 12 days of Christmas - which START on Christmas! I have family that decorates for Christmas in October and takes the decorations down on Christmas Day. I just don't get it.

Meanwhile - is the convection oven new? When I "redid" the kitchen, I had to have a convection oven. When I make pies for church, I bake 4 at a time and thought this would be a great time saver. Well, it has been several years and still have trouble figuring things out. I bake pies two at a time and really only use the convection for multiple casseroles which I switch racks half way through and or to speed up cooking them. I just can't figure out how to do cookies, etc and went back to the old way.

NanaDiana said...

I keep all of my pumpkin stuff up until after Thanksgiving and remove the few Halloween things on November 1st.
I had a convection oven but barely used it---my bad---the new owners use it all the time.
Hope you have a great day- xo Diana