Tuesday, August 28, 2018

So..... this happened


This wall. I kind of woke up feeling the pull toward fall.... I mean, the paint color is called "Autumn Ridge." Well, oops! I see a little plaster dust from hanging pictures. Oh, well, I will never be perfect. Eventually ( I hope soon) I will have a Hoosier cabinet brought up from another room..... but until then..... This wall. I love the way less in a space invites breaths of peace and mellow tranquility.


I succumbed to the pickup truck phase in a big way. I saw this blue one from Valerie Par Hill on QVC, and yes, in the midst of minimizing I ordered it because we all recall my favorite moment.... bucking snow drifts with Daddy in his 1947 Chevy. It was dark Southwestern Bell Grey then, but he and my son chose the most beautiful shade of blue for it now.


That's some pumpkin, huh? We suffered all weekend with an Air Conditioner malfunction, so now that it is fixed plus the predictions for a chilly, stormy night have inspired a little premature Fall flair.



Slowly I am finding the treasures and basically hanging most of them right where they last spoke to me. Both the comfort and the consistency make  me realize the familiar is not an enemy at all. 


I splurged $49 on a black pencil tree. I really had this vision with the darker walls and dark orange fairy lights. 


Switching to a peek of my bedroom and my cat who seems to have some assembly required. Mom embroidered that quilt for my son, but he gave it to me. Yes, I coveted it. He didn't want it really... Plus it is right out in the open for him to look at! He used to ask Mom what she was doing when she cross-stitched away on these fall leaves. "I'm making you a quilt for when you grow up to be a man." She told me he always persuaded her he would rather she played with him.... and so she did. I will always forever treasure how much fun my parents had with my little boy. They took him everywhere, and my mom stalked the toy stores in Columbia. They called it Kay-Bee Mall because of the central attraction! But I am glad she also threw a thread or two at the future. So far, he hasn't met the mother of my grandchildren... so I have her quilt! 



I am making the first chili of the "season." It is my last package of hamburger. What else would I make? We have our new beef at the processor's. We order from dear friends. I always throw a roast in my Lodge cast iron Dutch oven first, the day when we pick up the meat....  (then more chili or my favorite Taco Salad, of course)



Have a great week... 




Whimsy and Hugs!

3 comments:

From My Country Sunrise said...

Wow~~ You have really brought the beauty in everything~~ Love all the things you have done~~You enjoy these cooler(Hopefully soon) days of fall~~ I bought some of that wonderful meat from Karla at Koch's It is delicious HUGS

Miss Merry said...

I kept saying wow, too! The decluttering makes your treasures stand out and I love your colors. Look at that bedroom! It looks huge. I love the blue walls, I love the beautiful quilt and I love the clean floors. Gosh your home looks amazing. Congratulations on a job well done!! It is fantastically fabulous! Now I am off to google that truck.

Ellen said...

Just beautiful!!!