Friday, July 6, 2018

No News is Good News?

Whimsy and Hugs!

Two weeks in today and... really just going the wrong way with demo and rewiring and free falling. My carpenter is really kind and patient. I am taped out of the kitchen and the good bathroom... and the laundry...

He is taking next week off after Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So the good news will be that I can go through and consolidate things and sort.




Other than a major meltdown over the 62 year old wiring experienced by these young carpenters, things are doing fine.

Evidently despite exterminators, opening up walls and exposing attic and basement let in at least one brown recluse who decided to bite me on my wrist...  So I whipped up a lavendar and baking soda poultice .......and googled scary pictures.


My auction man called yesterday to report he could not come to pick up the things that have been waiting three weeks right smack in the middle because he was coming "then..."  (This sounds a little like Camp Grenada Hello Muddah. Hello Faddah.)


I need to turn and burn because they start between 7 and 8 a.m. I am still gung-ho, excited, glad we are doing this, hopeful, and full of Pollyanna Positivity... Have a super weekend! No Friday French Toast for us today... 

1 comment:

Miss Merry said...

Good Luck Gayla, it gets worse before it gets better. We rewired a 1970's house and were "shocked" at some of their findings. I personally was shocked at how much time it took them, but they did a great job, were very through and I sleep much better knowing that I should have been sitting up at night sniffing for smoke from a loose live wire in the ceiling over my bed from the day the house was built!

And it does turn out that you are doing without a lot of things that you thought you needed, but will no longer want to keep once you start moving back into your spaces. Like all the duplicates you buy over the years (oh wait, that was me).

Keep the faith!!! The results will be worth it.