Sunday, June 3, 2018

Looking up

This has been a busy week here at our house. Doesn't it seem short weeks (four day work weeks before and after holidays) always seem twice as long? Well, it is June with the Queen of Seasons in the wings.



I have created the most delightful craft/computer/planner/writing/art nook in the space vacated by the cabinet I sold. It really might not be beautiful in terms of decor, but... I just

LOVE 

having all my things in one spot instead of going on wild safaris in search of every scissor, punch, glue gun, and marker. Currently my project is a little album I am making for someone to give a friend.


I have some plans for the very blank wall! Of course, I do...

In order to claim this territory I had to destroy my kitty's top secret spot behind the TV, which made her pretty sad and forlorn, but by today she's fine. I am confident she is resourceful and will find another "zone of invisibility" (she thinks). Is there anything more dear than seeing the furry tail of an animal who believes she is hidden from harm's way (like visiting puppies or loud noises)?



Thought I might also give you a glimpse of the cabinet tops in my kitchen since the clutter treaures on top are freshly washed. That sparkle will last only for a very short while...




Nearly everything up there was Mom and Dad's, but I rearranged it with all pitchers and what-nots together, and I added a few giant bowls from the house on the corner. (I am henceforth calling this place I live home--- because it is... and referring to that other place I have not lived in for 12 years with terms meaning "not home" ----- because it isn't. I am oh, so clever to do that, eh?) You say it took her twelve years? Wow.

Have a fun June!









Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

LOL, Gayla. Glad you found your true HOME! The top looks great and does sparkle. Like you, I know how long that will last...I don't have cabinet tops here and it is probably just as well.
Hope you have a great week- xo Diana

Miss Merry said...

You have been busy! I love your art nook. Gosh, if I could just empty a room and organize my supplies, maybe I could have one, too! Your kitchen looks bright and clean, too. You are blooming where you are planted (to quote Mary Engelbreit).