Monday, May 28, 2018

On that May Calendar



Do any of you find yourself "losing time"? I remember as a young girl I watched Sally Field break out of her stereotype and stun the world as SYBIL. I watched it with my gramma, and we were both fascinated and a lot scared by that show. We didn't talk about it. At all...  But we did think about it. I can remember Sybil's telling the counselor that for several years she "wasn't anywhere at all."

Well, thankfully, I am not that bad, but I do often kind of metaphorically raise my head and blink around and discover that it is suddenly a lot later than I thought... as in weeks, not minutes. I chalk it up to retirement, which stripped me of that daily connection to the passages of time. Anyway...  It's okay. I don't really care, but it does strike me funny that we're heading into our sixth month when it feels as if we just put away the tree. (Maybe because I have boxes of Christmas decorations out going through them/sorting {supposedly downsizing} as we speak.) Boy, things really don't spark joy when it is halfway through to the next year.



Today I asked my son to get me a stack of patriotic dinnerware off the top shelf. "Ok," he mumbled. "Why?" I calmly and quite cheerfully informed him it was Memorial Day weekend. "Yeah. So?" I had to laugh. He could absolutely give no flips about seasonal living. However, I decorate for me...  and for our guests...  and for a hobby, I think.

Right now I have a few things to finish before the June bugs come out. I need to send a few boxes to an auction house. I need to wrap up and store old Mr. Bunny and the rest of the Easter I started to put away. And I need to finish editing a book for a friend. My patriotic decor is lost for the moment, but that is also on my list. Imagine that! I did find a few things for my three-tiered tray.



I rather feel that Memorial Day is over, but it is not. The real holiday is tomorrow (Later today. I am NOT sleepy yet, and it's 5 a.m.) "Tomorrow's" menu includes something cooked on the grill-- maybe chicken or burgers, and a huge salad with beautiful tomatoes we bought in an Amish market run on Saturday. (Gotta make up for that chocolate pie!)


Have a great week.


Whimsy and Hugs!

No comments: