Monday, April 9, 2018

Processing.....




I  am posting these new photos out my window, but they will look almost identical to the ones from Easter. On Sunday afternoon-early evening we got probably 4 - 5 inches of snow on April 8th. Beautiful, really. They say the warmth is invading next week. Ah, the joys of "Sprinter," Missouri's new Season!


Had a good weekend with a meeting and first "drag-out" with an auctioneer. I have a lot to do before the next meeting, but several boxes  are gone. Just extras and old glassware that came from other auctions. I won't ever miss it.



My son? I asked him to go over a list of furniture to tell me what he wants. He smiled and handed me a piece of folded paper he claimed was his list. Yes. That was a blank page of white paper.  Well. Hmmmm.  I asked him today why he never brings up clearing and selling. (He never does.) His answer? One of his many classics: "I never need to."--- meaning sarcastically that I bring it up so often he has no opportunity. Yep. So true.



I would totally gross you guys out if I showed you the ton of photos of the plunder room where we started our work today. I was hoping to show a really clean room tonight, but the meeting came to an end after a couple of hours...



I sort of started parting with less and less, and I think the auctioneer grew weary of my ways. It's okay. I am relieved and rather excited to inhabit more of my home, but I don't plan to sell anything I want.

This homely, modest child's desk. Well, I decided at first to sell it, even though it was my mother's as a child. I don't know if I would have made it, but written inside the desk's compartment in rounded, primary school handwriting... "Norma Jean." __Not my mother's real middle name, which she despised... but her "chosen middle name," which she bestowed on me. Ok. That little desk is not leaving the nest...



I know I think I promised not to babble on any more about stuff in this blog, but... this, my dears, is big news!





Whimsy and Hugs! Linking with Between Naps on the Porch

2 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Baby steps. I spent my weekend reboxing a few things myself. I did get rid of some of my own possessions . They Don't mean as much to me as my mom's and grandmothers

NanaDiana said...

Oh- It is so hard to just 'let go' of some stuff, isn't it? I have parted with things that had "great meaning" to me at the time-knowing I had to purge and let go. I will say that I have never looked back and regretted letting go of anything. It is freeing in so many ways. Hope you have a great week. xo Diana