Friday, February 16, 2018

French Toast Friday




I usually fix the same breakfast every day for my son, but on Fridays we declared from the first week he was here: FRENCH TOAST FRIDAY. Now to be honest, this is NOT a picture of our breakfast. It is just too early for me to style our fare.... or take its picture! Today I used 45 calorie bread, and it was fabulous! Some weeks we have made it with Texas toast, too...  My recipe is too easy...  One egg and about 1 T. creamer...  whipped together. I usually fix it in a pan sprayed with olive oil that I've reheated precooked breakfast sausages in...  Always pure maple syrup from a farm in Vermont...that I get on Amazon.


If there's an Indiana farm available, I order from them because I know that would be Mom's choice. Her uncle had  maple sugar grove in Centerpoint, Indiana. Mom always had a lot of stories to tell... and she brought our beautiful sugar maple in the front yard from her uncle's farm. The tree made the trip to Missouri in a coffee can. It is a show-off in fall.


I hope your morning is going well...  It really isn't too late to save it with some French toast!


Whimsy and Hugs!

1 comment:

Miss Merry said...

French Toast Friday is a terrific idea! The only thing that could be better is to be served French Toast! Lucky Son!