Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Winter Sparkle

Linking with Between Naps on the Porch



I believe in Seasonal bliss. I might, however, just watch through the foggy window as I did for the frigid full wolf moon this week.




Up at 3 a.m. to witness the light show. Snow + moon = So much more beautiful "in person."

After packing away the Christmas decor, I voted for holiday sparkle all season. Icy aqua winterscapes...   good for the spirit. We are headed for -4 degrees tonight. Stay cozy!




My dad would so approve of telephone insulators incorporated into a cheerful corner.


My dear friend gave me these gorgeous placemats from a shop in Texas! Perfect for my Evergreen Ernie dishes I picked up a few years ago.


Bath and Body Works candle called Winter smells wonderful.
(Made with Orange and Fir Needle Essential Oils and notes of Clove)


My dad bought this beautiful music box for my mother at a store called Cloud Nine. It plays the lovely "Lara's Theme" from Dr. Zhivago. She treasured it always, and so do I. I think I might watch that movie again this winter. I saw it as a 10-year old in January or February of 1965 with my parents. I know I did not understand very much about it, and I asked Mom at intermission to point out which one was Dr.Zhivago. Oh, those eyes of Omar Shariff, though.








"In ancient Egypt they worshipped cats. We have never forgotten that," says Callie.

1 comment:

From My Country Sunrise said...

Love your winter sparkle~~ I have taking christmas down too~~ Took off work yesterday Guess it was a bug ~ Guess partly January blues~~WOuld be so easy to just stay home every day~~KEEP warm and HUGS♥