Friday, January 26, 2018

Warmer Days




Just the type of day to do some cleaning, watch my new obsession, The Crown, on Netflix... and make some wonderful soup.


I got the basis for this soup from a vlog on YouTube by The 2 Orchids, and I added a little touch to it.

Soup Recipe: 2 TB EVOO 1 onion diced 1 med. carrot diced 2 garlic cloves minced 5 cups of low sodium chicken broth 4 ripe plum tomatoes cored, seeded and diced ( I used a can of diced tomatoes) 1/2 tsp. oregano 1/4 tsp salt black pepper 19 oz. can of white beans (cannellini) rinsed and drained Fresh green beans cut into pieces 1 cup of uncooked shell pasta ( small) fresh basil fresh parsley 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese Heat oil and add onion, carrot and cook until softened. Add garlic, cook for about a minute. Stir in broth plus 2 cups of water, the tomatoes, oregano, S & P. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 45 min. Add white beans, green beans and pasta and cook until pasta is tender. Add the basil, parsley & cheese, then serve.

* I didn't add the beans, but I added celery. I used my own chicken broth and water plus a little shot of this soup base mix. And I used canned tomatoes and Italian seasoning.



Really tasty!





I had several ask for the oatmeal cookie recipe I mentioned a couple weeks ago, so here it is. My dear friend printed these up to give friends at her mother's funeral.




Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Both good recipes and I have loved watching The Crown. Enjoy it!!! xo Diana

linda said...

I love the Crown also.

Recipes sound great.

Linda