Monday, January 29, 2018

Favorite Books this Winter





We have really had some cold and windy days, so I have had a chance to cozy in on some projects and a few really good books. I would love to hear your favorites right now. 

I have a Kindle or two, so I usually read on that, but at times nothing can compare to holding a book and maybe adding a note in the margin. I thought about organizing a book club and that may develop just a bit in the future. Here are just  few you might like. Links to the books are clickable on the titles.

-----

I read Beth Moore's first novel, The Undoing of St. Sylvanus. I am a long-time Beth Moore lover, and I really thought she did a great job with this first fiction work. I also bought the workbook. Turns out she has some really cool extras free on a web page. HERE. I also wanted to get in on a free livestream, but I actually forgot! I don't think it is available now. 


------

Even though I am certainly not getting any older,I enjoyed this book so much two years ago that I am starting it again. The Beauty of Aging. It has much to ponder and it is very uplifting really. I think my mom and grammas all set good examples of staying involved and fun most of their lives. Grace. It is one of the prettiest words in our lives. Grace, Gratitude, and Grit...... good words. She has a wonderful website and newsletter. HERE. This book is available on Amazon through third party sellers or on Kindle.


-----

Another book I brought out of the vault is Giada de Laurentis Feel Good Food. I bought this about four years ago, but it turns out you actually have to eat this way for it to turn you into Giada. I can't say her food is my family brand whatsoever, but the recipes I have tried, I like.... I have to laugh when I recall Mom's opinion of this beautiful little woman on the Food Network. (She never failed to hiss a bit about Giada's cleavage. Those of you who know my mom will laugh. Mrs. Modesty.)


-----

I recommend any book by Sally Clarkson. This one, The Life Giving Table, is on my short list waiting in the wings. She brings some really good ideas to daily life. I have enjoyed her other books also. 



I hope you are enjoying your favorite things this winter. I may pop on with a couple more books later if you like this kind of thing. Let me know in the comments what you want. 

Stay cozy. 

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I honestly don't know any of those books except Beth Moore's. I am jotting the other ones down to check them out. xo Diana

Valentine gifts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.