Saturday, December 16, 2017

An Easy Christmas Meal

If you are busy or shopping, working on a stack of cards (I should be doing all three right this minute), your friends and families will love this easy recipe. I made it Sunday for my boys, and the reviews were raving!


Crock pot Maple Dijon Chicken.

In a regular or large crock pot:

Lightly spray or oil interior for easy cleanup.

Place chicken in bottom of crock pot. I used frozen chicken tenders, but the gurus call to thaw chicken first.  I used about 10 tenders or so. It really doesn't matter. Use whatever chicken pieces you prefer. 
Lightly salt and pepper as you normally prefer. We are a heavy on the pepper and light on the salt family.

In a small bowl whisk:

1/2 c. mustard. I used the kind with little seeds, whole grain. Any kind will be great.
1/2 cup maple syrup. I always use real. This recipe is paleo-friendly
1/3 cup water
2 T. finely minced garlic. I used the jarred kind in oil.
Pour mixture over chicken and put on the lid.

Here's the hardest part.

Cook on high 4 hours. 

------

I made stove top stuffing. (I always add chopped onion and celery to the boiling liquid for this. I added a salad and a rough-chopped acorn squash sauteed with  secret sauce... (butter and pumpkin creamer cooked until thick...)

After the boys gobbled ate this and I sent the leftover chicken for my son's lunch, I hated to waste the sweet and sour broth, so I cooked a large half-head of cabbage and a package of carrots in it  for the meals during the week. Delicious!



-----




1 comment:

Miss Merry said...

Sounds quick, easy and delicious! Thanks for sharing.