Monday, November 27, 2017

'Tis the Season



Well, holiday baking and decorating is afoot. Even Callie has her own Santa bowls (even if they are the same all year round with the Santa face to the wall!!!



I awoke to the sight of some eyes staring down at me...




So luckily I ducked under the cover as she pounced down on the bed.


Our tree is a peppermint Christmas this year. I decided to go with a change from long-time favorite ornaments. I used both red and white lights on our buttercream tree...




Mr. Owl and Mr. Cardinal flew in from Jo-Ann's Fabric.com.... And the whimsical ribbons. 



I am doing a simple Christmas this year I think...  



I went for a little breakfast in bed this morning...  Toast and peanut butter and honey with Cranberry hibiscus tea...  Then I got busy creating lunch for a couple of hungry guys! Homey comfort foods sounded good today: Polish kielbasa with cabbage and corn chowder made with the corn I put in the freezer the first day of Summer from my sister/cousin's garden. It was a hit!






I love to freeze or preserve garden for us on upcoming holidays so I write myself little notes as I put them away in the summer.




On Thanksgiving we had lasagna. Just a rebel this year...  but we had the corn I had planned. 


Below are a series of pancakes, my attempt at pancake turkeys on Thanksgiving. Mom was a pretty good batter artist, always pouring up a cat or ghost when we had guests. I did not appear to inherit that talent!!!


I saved the best for first although it looks more like a duckie...


My son made a crack about this being a different kind of bird. I got the joke hours later!


I have no idea...


 Loch Ness Pancake...

Enjoy the final days of November. I will be back...





No comments: