Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Sweet November

Halloween has passed, and we are WELL into the month of clouds and winds, chill and coziness inside. I adore November with all the bluster and disagreeable weather. I thought I would share the photos of a Trunk or Treat my son and I attended at his work. 



We joined other cars with open trunks circled around a parking lot. They had games and hot dogs and popcorn, punch, and general harvest fun...  People obviously decorated Pinterest-style!! I will show you the rest of our caravan. 












I warn you. What you see next is our version... Our trunk is NOT all pumpkins and light. It is not inspired by Pinterest... I left my son in charge with the missive to grab something fun, cheap, and easy for decorations at the Dollar Tree. I should have known his version of  "fun" would be scary! Anyway, the price was right, and these skeletal guys were a hit. As for easy....  Voila!  We had several "brave" fraidy cat boys about six or less years old who revisited our trunk about five times. Each time, they  looked at me shivering there beside the car (It was the night the temperature dipped to 28 degrees, but it was about 40 in the sunset that evening)--  "Would you hold the monster back there in the center?" one Batman wannabe kept saying. Another little Iron Man could only look at me with his huge brown eyes and ask me to.... nothing.  He couldn't speak, just revolved a little wet finger he had stuffed in his mouth--  That meant to turn the big monster ghoul around to face the back of the trunk. One brave girl begged and received a skeleton of her own, as well as her candy. 



So here we are at our Castle Skeletor~Grayskull....  with spider perched ready to pounce. 









We actually had a couple skeleton garlands to cut apart and tie up our treat sacks at home. We had only four little "trick-or-treaters" here. 



They loved the skeletons more than the candy...   I guess the rest of the families who used to visit have all grown up. Last year I think a lot of them came to say hello and thank you to Mama, who had been their go-to for a lifetime. I will have to build up my clientele! I was glad to welcome the ones we had... and I really loved the Trunk or Treat experience.  I have long been the one who declared NO SKELETONS...  but I guess I "ate" my words this year...  That treat can't go to waste, can it? 



The Great Pumpkin appeared to help me cook breakfast on Halloween for my son! As I see it right now, that gal looks a lot like I do early in the morning...  Diet Coke and all! 



Thanks for being so brave to visit today! I will return soon with a sweet update on my home progress...  (what there is of it!)




1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

This is a fun post, Gayla, and I love YOUR trunk/treat. LOL I bet the kids were half scared to death..the little ones anyway.

Hope you have a wonderful night- xo Diana