Saturday, February 4, 2017

Saturday again...

Cold and clear, Missouri mornings do not fail to brace us for the weeks we spend in work and flurry and energy. February has arrived in its cheery red and pink brevity. 

I am a planner, a dreamer, and an optimist. All three will serve me well as I navigate the quiet emptiness of my new life.



Do you have plans for the weekend or the big Superbowl? I think nothing sounds better than a big, red, iron dutch oven of chili, Pioneer Woman style. Perhaps some peanut butter and honey sandwiches--- (only if your school always had that combo of chili and peanut butter do you think this menu sounds great!) I foresee a line of son-picked movies for tomorrow and very little work. According to my tally, all this menu is a go if we locate some good old saltine crackers....  


I am grateful for the beauty that surrounds us. 






3 comments:

Becky K. said...

You don't have to look far for beauty....as you have kept it nearby at all times. You are in my thoughts and prayers as you continue to grieve and miss your darling mother.

RachelD said...

Beautiful. Tributes, talismans, gifts, homage---whatever the reasons, Flowers sent for love or sympathy are wonderful companions in navigating just about any shoals or sereniies, and all landscapes in between.

I'm glad you're so surrounded by those beautiful offerings of love and remembrance---just the breath of them brings peace and calm.

Still thinking of you and your family as you gather and gather yourselves to move forward into this new phase and New Year.

r

From My Country Sunrise said...

Beauty surrounds you~~ You have so many that care so much for you~~ Each day will get a little better♥ So many wonderful memories to hold dear to your heart♥