Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Missing for a while...

Sorry for the long absence. October has been a busy month with 24 days spent with Mom in the hospital. She has bounced back to almost where she was, which is wonderful! I guess one of the side effects of massive strokes can be seizures, and scarily, that's what happened to Mama on September 30th. After 24 days of adjusting the anti-seizure medicine down, she finally was awake consistently. Our doctor has a sense of humor a mile long (at times) and he swooped into the room a couple of days after she was awake and herself. She was giving me, the nurses, and even absent people a little bit of her "piece of her mind" she likes to distribute...  He came in and silently mouthed the question: "More Dylantin?" haha..  I shook my head with only half a smile, and he said softly, "Too soon."  haha..

Now this morning? a little sleep would have been lovely. But not the drug induced kind, you know.

I was up at the crack of dawn with all kinds of good ideas. I made a little hoot owl egg for my son on his way to work. He often grabs a little bite of protein breakfast here before his long days. Right now he is again exercising and losing weight with Paleo and a more common sense calorie reduction diet combined. Through the month when I was going into the hospital every day, I was also rather "good." But now... it's every bite for itself as I try to get back into the swing of things.

Happy November!




Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

Miss Merry said...

gayle, that time in the hospital is just as hard on you as your mom. Please take care of yourself. Glad to hear things are going better.

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh Gayla....you are such a strong soul and you certainly must get that from your sweet momma. It must have been a stressful month for you, but what a blessing that she bounced back in that way! Continue to stay strong and determined and faithful, dear one. Know that you are both being lifted up in prayer!!! ♥

xoxo laurie