Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Get out and vote!!!


Crossing my fingers the good guys win! I made two big kettles of chili. My son's is Paleo, of course. I think mine is sweet enough to be counted as a dessert. I always add a little maple syrup and some molasses....  My gramma called it "sweetening the pot"!





Mom and I voted absentee, so our votes went in weeks ago.



Mama has another touch of UTI so we are hoping to stay home and take our meds. She is snoozing right now after a WILD night of falling off a cliff if I didn't hold on...  I think I finally convinced her she was in bed and the cliff was just sleep... but then she thought the whole house was going in... Hey. She was pretty convincing! Having a good day today with chili in the menu. It is a favorite. I have been known to crank up the AC so /I could make it in the summer. This gorgeous November day has the right chill without that.




It has been a long campaign. Time to look forward to Thanksgiving!


Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

Latane Barton said...

I voted. Hope it wasn't for a cat but then again it might be, we will see. That chili sounds divine, yours, I mean, with all that sweetning the pot, so to speak. I think I will make chili tomorrow.

NanaDiana said...

Whew - by this time tomorrow it will be all over except the cheering and the gnashing of teeth. No more ADS!
LOL- at your mom's 'vision'. I know it is not funny and yet, having had a mom with dementia, I know it IS funny on some level. If you don't laugh at it -you want to cry. xo Diana