Thursday, February 5, 2015

Lunacy

Full Moon, February style.  I woke up at Four A.M. with no real reason to get up, of course. But as I glanced out the window, instead of the cloudy, snowy sky I expected, this gorgeous creature awaited my oohs and ahs...  And she got them.  I am totally enamored with the moon, full or otherwise. 

I tried to take a photo with my new camera, but alas! I couldn't find the setting in the dark, and I just didn't want to turn on a light and interrupt the "thing" I had going on with this beautiful moon visible through elderly locust trees in Mom's front yard. 


So cell phone snaps it is.  I don't even mind the fuzzy quality because that's the blur of sleep recently past. The snowy yard illuminated the trees enough to create this silhouette effect, which was totally stunning in my humble opinion. The purples and greens are totally natural, not a smidgen of photo shop or editing...  I didn't even crop the curtain flounces from the tops of a couple.


I'm going to need to move my kiester from this window for some of my photos or we are going to have to change the name of the blog to "view from my window" or something similar. One thing sure, you are not getting a glimpse of the pantry tonight like I thought you might. I didn't do much at all today except take care of Mama a little and have a delightful little breakfast party with my sister/cousin. 


When I look at the moon, I think how it has guided the sailor, comforted the shepherds, including King David of long ago... romanced the lovers and intrigued the scientists. A force of nature and a pull toward lunacy, that craziness born of the word for moon itself. Full moons brought out the wild in my students.  They truly did.  The beautiful old girl brings out the wild in me, too...

Goodnight Dear Blogland...  Perhaps we will catch a glimpse of her again tonight, waning yet lovely still.  Aren't we all?

Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

From My Country Sunrise said...

I treasure all our little parties and fun together we have~~Love you♥♥

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

"...waning yet lovely still. Aren't we all?"

what a perfect line/quote! to go with your lovely, lovely, lovely moon post....