Sunday, March 23, 2014

Be Kind to Yourself, they say. . .



Mysterious, halting.. First nothing, then perhaps.. Then oh, yes! Green fields of wheat shout it loudly that one season we have been begging to arrive... She's finally almost here. Shhh! I did hear the forecast for snow on Wednesday!

Busy days here at our house. We have had a nice number of friends come visit us for coffee, for pizza, for any kind of visit.  Mom and I had a day trip to see her doc, which resulted in a good report... And my son took a weekend away at a wilderness event...

My thoughts have turned to Spring cleaning... And not a moment too soon! Is there anything more revealing than sudden sunshine through windows long camouflaged in frost and cloud..?

Time to spiff out the Blue Belle Mrs. Meyers ... The citrus wet jet swiffer, the lovely, signature, almond-scented waxing spray from Method.    Now, I have a long-documented love affair with cleaning products...  I love to clean, to strip to the bare and scrub up and out. But do I regularly do that? Um...no. Not so much. So I ask myself why????! Then I remember a list of selfcare rules which admonished me to be very kind to myself. Be my own dear friend, it said. Well, I would never beat up a friend about her "little lapse" in Homecare....  So....

Hey, the Easter candy is here. Just being super kind and friendly....Offer myself a Cadbury? Oh, and a little Reese's egg....?

Don't mind if I do!

Hmm... So, that's the way it goes.

Ahem! Spring Cleaning starts tomorrow. For yes, Katie Scarlett, Tomorrow IS another day.

Whimsy and Hugs!

4 comments:

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Gracious! That you like to do that deep cleaning, at any time, is an amazing thing, to me. Just that is worth a whole lot of being-nice-to-yourself, in my book!!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmm, that brilliant sunshine. Naughty, naughty, naughty. But if we kind of squint-up our eyes, all we notice is the lovely soft beauty of it. NOT the dust and messsssy marks, here and there! Remember that! Another part of being nice to yourself. :-))))))))

And hooray for Mom and her good doc report!!!!! That's what we go to the doc, to hear!!!!

That bunny and eggs center-piece. Soooooo cute.

NanaDiana said...

I am anxious to get to my own house and start Spring cleaning, Gayla. Mine truly will be tomorrow-because I won't be home for a couple of weeks yet- xo Diana

Ricki Treleaven said...

I love the Mrs. Meyers products. I need to spring clean, but guess what????? We got a new puppy, so I'm busy with him!

bj said...

Spring out here in West Texas is full...I say F.U.L.L. of sand, due to Haboos. We have them all spring long and while I do hit the furniture with swiffers every now and then...I save deep cleaning until the first of summer. Most summers are free of dust out here.
I love your cute attitude...:)