Sunday, August 11, 2013

Olé

Let me say that cooking Paleo for my son is an extremely enjoyable challenge...  The possibilities open up to try anything, as long as I substitute almond flour, milk, and olive oil...  Sweet potatoes for Irish.......  Just a few tweaks...  Honey in moderation for sugar.  And oh, my!  His health, attitude, and life has simply turned around...  He has lost 226 pounds....  He is happy...  Which makes me joyful, always.


So tonight I'm thrilled to try Oven Chicken Fajitas, a Facebook recipe...  Instead of the usual tortillas, I make an almond flour flatbread...  It is so popular I'm making a double batch so we can all have it!  Slivered chicken breasts, sweet onions, tomatoes, bell peppers...  Toss in salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, tomato purée, and bake covered at 350° until chicken is tender...


Who knew cavemen ate so well?

The Bevier Homecoming is over!  Mom and I took in the annual parade....  Lots of cool decorated cars, wagons, floats...  Pretty queens, princesses, and a couple Duck Dynasty imitators thrown in for good measure.

Guess what starts back this Friday?  n. O. t. h. I. n. G!!!!  For me.  School workshops for the rest of my former colleagues.  Promised myself not to over blog, over stress, over think this new kind of Autumn...  But just sayin'!  


1 comment:

Becky K. said...

Good for you on changing things up and finding new food adventures. Congrats to your son...that is so impressive.