Friday, July 6, 2012

in-Spirit-ation...

Guess what we are doing?  Here in the Midwest the temperatures are over 100, we haven't had rain in weeks....  Farmers, Mom included, wait holding our breath...  We scan the rows of brave soybeans... for if they begin to yellow before they fill out their beans .....  it will be too late for the rains to help.  Corn yellows in the fields, curing and tousling at two feet tall....  but no ears on the stalks.  It's bad.  Really bad.

But priorities keep it all in focus.  Health, loved ones, and optimism keep it all in focus.  I think next week will bring a nice rain.  My dad always asked for a rain for his birthday, and more often than not, he got one....

In the meantime I am working through some ideas to make the kitchen scrumptious...  Long ago I started purposefully to live a beautiful life...  Even more today, when outside forces aren't conducive to celebrating real gifts in the ordinary, I embrace the little things.  Thank you, Lord, for the beauty of right now... Send your blessed rain in any form we most need and please help me to drink from the right well....

No comments: