Sunday, March 25, 2012

The recipe for chicken soup...

I have personally made some good soups in my day. Today was not that day. I worked all morning and most of this sunshiny afternoon on a pot of lovely chicken and vegetable soup... The stock was from a likely hen I had simmered myself... The soup was deliciously spiced with a bay leaf, a bit of basil, and some other yummy herbs... I added crushed tomatoes, some sea salt, some ground black pepper...I cooked this delicacy in my mother's magic soup pot on my favorite burner of her 60 year old gas range... I dunno... It. Was. Terrible. Too rich, too ugly, too ?. I coaxed some magic into my stew, and oh, I added love! I diced and chopped and eventually had three separate @&$?@&%#>€£ pans of unique but equally yucky soups. What to do?


I finally strained off all the juices and created a nice large bowl of chicken and vegetables for my son's dog, Muncie. For the next half hour I washed dishes, scrubbed the stove, mopped the floor, changed the clothes I was wearing that we're by now covered in soup broth...

 And pronounced we were having sandwiches from Subway for supper. So much for culinary magic today. Kitchen closed due to illness! This chick is sick of cooking!!!!

No comments: