Friday, March 18, 2011

Morning Storms...

 Friday is one of those days in our school, and I suspect in most...  It can be a trial or kind of a lay-back day to enjoy...  Today dawned a bit rough...  The sky was an amazing array of purples, pinks, oranges, greens, vivid blues and deep gray, almost black.  My mom got hail about five minutes after I drove through the winds accompanying these clouds.  I knew something was brewing the minute I realized I was photographing something in the air I couldn't see or feel without the lens... 
 So far, the kids are relaxed and busy.  I like to give Friday as a lab day with work due on Monday or Tuesday.  Then kids can get all of it done and enjoy their weekends like everyone else...  Or they can put it off and claim "homework blues" when their parents try to get them to help out at home!  haha..  I know kids..
 Last night we had a lot of fun playing a game called "Imagine If..."  I really enjoy it because my son's little boy loves to play it.  He always picks me for anything remotely sweet, and I eat that up like sugar candy.  The game goes, "Imagine if _____ were a bird, would she be a "dodo, eagle, hummingbird, etc. etc."  The one picked by the majority is the winning answer, and those people move on a chart.  My son's little boy said I would be a hummingbird because I am always singing...  awww...  is anything cuter?  We had a pizza party, and I made Irish potato wedges dredged in melted butter and crushed Stovetop dry mix.  They were really good...
 Enjoy your weekend!
I hope to get some travelin' in with Mama tomorrow, but if the weather looks anything like this, we will probably stay home.

1 comment:

Becky K. said...

I hope your weather was better this morning. Ours is a lot cooler today than yesterday but the sun is shining so I'll take it!

Maybe you will visit Dartha and show us her photo later.....