Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Melting Beauty

Today was a grey and rainy day, nothing like this photograph...  and I think the snow may be gone by tomorrow night except in the deepest drifts or the strange piles of snow at the edges of parking lots.  The winds and the balmy weather draw me toward spring...  only about a month and a few days away...  I have always loved that first peek at green grass.  My cousin usually spots it first!  In this shot we are looking at the lily bed....  ah, sweet lilies!  Such a graceful, easy flower....  What do they think under all this cozy snow?

2 comments:

Becky K. said...

Your lilies are probably getting a huge drink of fresh cold water about now. Getting prepped for their upcoming appearance.

Have a wonderful day!

Ricki Treleaven said...

What a pretty picture. I cannot wait 'til spring :D