Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Walking on Water. . .

 I posted these photos from my new phone on Facebook, and my son's lady love told me I had "godly" ducks who were walking on water!  She's right!  I took a morning during Mom's hair appointment to relocate myself at my favorite park in Moberly, Rothwell.  I didn't get very close to the ducks that morning because I was just too early.  Most of them began by snoozing with heads under wings...  A few soared overhead, and many were out on the frozen lake.  It was calm, serene, and just plain amazing to watch them slide and abandon that waddle for a little winter fun... 
I didn't spy my Dartha, but I imagine she would be one of the last to appear from her cozy nest or wherever ducks sleep...  She's enough like me to enjoy that last wink on a wintry morning.  Tuesday was back to class.  Nobody seemed too upset by it.  One of my coworkers came in and talked about retirement.  I think she's considering it, and the lovely lull (aka Christmas Vacation) enhanced her idea of what it might be like to go on permanent holiday...  I told her when I was home, I thought it would be fun to retire...   However, most of the time, when I am at school, I'm so glad I'm there....  I am NOT going to start that see-saw decision YET...  Plenty of time in March to do the pro/con thing...  Right now we are reading classics, reading Of Mice and Men, reading The Miracle Worker, reading Out of the Dust, and getting ready to read The Pigman.  Yep...  January must be book month...

1 comment:

Becky K. said...

I wonder if ducks ever get confused about where the water went? Great picture.

Have a very fun day with your students!