Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gluglu gluglu.... (Spanish for gobble gobble)

 "Somewhere, my love....."
 This little vignette is in the dining room...  My dad and I bought the carved music box for my mother when I was in high school.  It plays "Lara's Theme" from Dr. Zhivago, and the tone quality is simply gorgeous...  I knew sleighs were their special thing since he had given her a cutter sleigh for their first Christmas....  so I hinted, and he was happy to find something to surprise her.  His usual fare was some kind of kitchen gadget or vegetable chopper....  So she loved this gift...
Over the River, and Through the Wood....  Thanksgiving journeys to Quincy when I was a child always brought this song as a full force concert.  How could my parents stand 90 miles of that song????????? with different lyrics to mesh with different foods, relatives...  cars...  "Over the river and through the highway... to Aunt Thelma's house we go...  My dad knows the way to drive the Chevrolet through the wide and drifted HIIIIIGGGHHHWAYYYY!!"  I don't remember being shushed....  Honestly. I'm sure I was, though.!!!!  I mean, can you imagine?  Me either....  Hope you had a lovely Turkey Day...  Mom made us potato soup with her special "noodles"...  and I shopped for our groceries early in the day....  I am going NOWHERE near Black Friday tomorrow...  Online deals at Amazon have been pretty sweet so far...  I could go for a stay-at-home Friday, but Mom may see it a different way... Staying in isn't the treat for her that it is for me....  Obviously.  Hugs to all....

No comments: