Monday, November 15, 2010

Cozy Little Corner of my World...

 My dad loved, absolutely loved red glassware.  This set is one of his favorites, and it is truly spectacular in the light.  I placed a flameless candle inside, and it is a pretty glow during the evenings.  The original set had eight glasses, but I made the mistake of dusting it with a feather boa duster, and the feathers snagged on the cut glass and jerked one little vessel to an untimely death...  I remember my mom's first words were, "GO home!"  haha...  I guess my "help" was not really needed that day.  Daddy didn't act like he cared, but I know he was disappointed.
 Old painted bowls are near and dear to my heart....  This one with the dark grapes is especially the kind I love.
 I am beginning to sneak in a bit of holiday decorating like this bit of holly mixed with a few autumn leaves....


 And one little glimpse into the corner china cupboard where I store the plates  I use the most, these white china ones from Pfaltzgraff...  Country Cupboard is the name....
Cozy little corner....  Have a good week.

4 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the red glasses! How clever to put a flameless tea light there!

Julie said...

Oh my - I felt like I was a fly on the wall watching that glass go flying. I'll bet you still "feel" that incident .. I hate it when those kinds of accidents happen.. but you sure did a good job of writting about it!

Susquehanna said...

how pretty.. have a good week..~

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I had a dear friend break a red glass of mine. We never were able to find a replacement...but it is only a glass....but accidents do happen. I think that is why I love old kitchen antiques...so many are crockery and wood...a little harder to break!!