Friday, October 29, 2010

All Hallow's Weekend......

 Each morning in October I grab a piece of my treasured Halloween jewelry, and I think about the misty morning ride that awaits me as I venture off to school...  While I never, I mean NEVER ride to school on my broom, October's moors of Missouri still greet me and howl me into the day's enchantments.  The moon is usually slipping slowly down the western horizon as the sun just barely pierces the eastern hills.    The setting is divine, and I relish the idea of holiday sweaters, jewels...  decorations...  I love these charm necklaces, created and sold by Joy at Cupid's Charm.  I also love to sip a little cup of hot coffee spiked with pumpkin creamer....  I sing myself along the morning route before I meet and greet my students for the day.
 Today as I walked into my classroom, I met ghouls, faeries, ghosts, gangstahs,...... biker Ma babes....  a little of this and a little of that...  A couple of surly dudes just couldn't get into the swing of Halloween or English Usage worksheets and were completely OUT of the holiday spirit....  The day dragged a little, I must admit...  Could it be we had finally had enough fun?  Most of my students were fixated on the treating and the tricking that lies ahead...  We muddled through it, and finally the day ebbed into a glorious weekend....
Enjoy your Saturday and let yourself experience a truly fun and safe Halloween...  May the spirits be good to you.

1 comment:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What cute jewelry! I bet it is fun to wear. Have a great Halloween Weekend!