Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm back... Did ya even miss me?

We are all so ready for our long weekend. I have been a lot preoccupied this week. The smiling face above belongs to one of my former students, Blake. He was in a severe car accident on Sunday morning last week, and he is currently in a coma. His car was hit by a semi as he came out of work at a nursing home. This kid is a jewel (as they are all). He was the one who called me a few nights ago when the moon was full at three a.m. saying he knew I couldn't possibly be in bed. I was outside taking a picture of the moon, which didn't turn out. He is a fighter, and the trauma doctors are hopeful he will come out of the coma and be able to have therapy and be himself, but it may take weeks. Please send him your good wishes and prayers.

3 comments:

Becky K. said...

Oh Gayla! I am so sorry for this young man's accident. I will be praying for him. I can tell how much you love and respect him.

(((hugs))))

Becky K.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

He is definitely in my prayers. God Bless. Hugs, Marty

Lisa Pogue said...

Gosh Gayla, I sure pray he gets better. I feel so bad for him and for you too!! love you lots!!