Saturday, September 25, 2010

Amish Autumn...

If I may be indulged another trip through Amish country, I'll show you the final stages of what looks to have been a lovely summer... Mom and I have a favorite route through Amish country from her favorite Crossroads Restaurant. When we come out after our Saturday lunch, I can turn left and come down the four-lane, which I often do.... or I can ask her softly, "Wanna drive through the Amish?"
She never turns me down. It is, no doubt, her favorite... very favorite way home. So although today began in brilliant sunshine, it was quickly gathering into a cloudy day (my particular favorite sky for photos)... We turned right.Wouldn't you love to have a log cabin built by the Amish? I can imagine how sturdy.
The Amish gardens today were rampant with zinnia, marigold, and huge spider plants.... Coxcomb and cornshocks... It was a riot, but I never shoot from very close, relying only on editing later to crop and draw them closer... As always, it was work day for the Amish...


Sideshows of yellow daisies took our gaze, and they seemed to be waving a happy goodbye to a summer well-spent.
We made it home before the rains, and I decided to finish the Autumn touches around the house... and maybe nap.... ???? What can I say? I am a fairy simple country girl who loves scraped paint, roadside pumpkins, hayfields.... and glittery magic summer/autumnal moons....

2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such beautiful country. Love all of your pictures and I would always drive through there if I could too. Thanks for the drive. Hugs, Marty

Maggey and Jim said...

My sentiments exactly..
Maggey