Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Garden Tour 2010 of Meadow Lane...


Welcome to our Yard and flowers... This is a new hydrangea bush... We're pretty happy with its progress.

The growing season began with my mom in the hospital for a few days... I am a teacher and not particular gifted with the green thumb and gift of gardening that nature gave my grandmothers and my mother... For this excuse and that one, I offer up the notion that whatever we have IS our garden...Our garden is rather wild, a bit of a dream, and a little breath of color and life that is much appreciated. I would say it has potential and may take off in another year. I just love Tracey's blog and wanted to participate with our natural flora.... So welcome to Garden Tour 2010... We have loved our lilies this summer, though... After this, they grew even more spectacular until the big storm in June that dropped a tree right on the bed... Something in that storm didn't love our flowers or our panorama of bloom and blossom!Riots of color... Flowers in summer have no reserve of spirit and beauty.
Lilies of the field.....
But I will say that flowers like these are finicky and ask constantly for another drink. Patriotic colors and beauty in a basket...
These three photos are the last ones taken of our large pine tree that Mom and Dad had planted when it was only 6 inches high. The storm took the tree, and Mom cried... It is something different than a garden to love the trees, but trees of any kind are such magnificent creatures.

The same view after the storm...
Welcome Summer by Valerie Par Hill... on my doorway.
A peek at our spring hydrangeas and something magnificent in pink... I am not sure what it is... rhododendron, I believe....
When we lost most of these big locusts in that same storm, it was my turn to cry my eyes out. I happen to love these 100-year-old hollow trees with the fragrant blooms... I will miss them so much next spring.


This white lilac hides (or tries to hide) Mom's gas tank. It was planted to honor my sweet aunt who loved white lilacs by her brother, my daddy...
Our beautiful redbud, another victim of the storm. I hope we will have at least about a fourth of it left and it won't all die... 3/4 is "gone with the wind."
I'm stretching back, back, back... to early spring... Nothing says that winter is almost over like a burst of yellow forsythia.
Valerie Par Hill, a seller on QVC, gets us ready for the growing season... Don't you just love this wreath?
I am linking to Tracey's blog for the garden Tour!!!!! Pop over and see all the beautiful posts on Friday.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

You must have had some really horrible storms! Thank goodness you and your home seem to be untouched! Perhaps you'll have time to come see my flowers, as I didn't join in on the garden tour. I always seem to forget to do the preparation ahead of time! Thanks for sharing. ♥♫

Carol Bennett said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love your garden, and especially the spring wreath on the door. Very cute!
Carol in GA