Friday, July 9, 2010

The Early Bird. . .



My friend is NEVER early. She's the kind that arrives late, no matter what. She even bustles in to church late and makes her way up to the front and crawls into the choir. One Sunday she got there just in time to sing the last word. The choir was over, and they headed to their seats. Yep. She's never on time, and we sometimes tell her things are earlier just to make her show up a little earlier. She never knows it because it is still after everyone has arrived. As a teacher, she made it under the wire most days and a bit late more often than not. I have seen her procrastinate her departure. She's a riot. We love her.

Well, tomorrow is ornament day at the Hallmark Store about 25 miles from her home, and they are selling a Mickey and Minnie ornament in airplane, limited availability, first come-first serve. Guess what? She's going to be there before 7:30. I think she will do it, too. By golly, we have to have priorities in this life!

It got me to thinkin' .... what are things you'd get up really early for? I get up during the school year at 5:00, and during the summers about 7:00.... I don't mind getting up early, but I do love a little nap....

No comments: