Monday, July 5, 2010

Blackberry Winter?

I decided to try a new recipe I found on Cooks.com for Blackberry Bread. I left out the nutmeg and allspice, and it's perfect! I love the dense, moistness, and those huge bites of blackberry are almost like built in jam! I had purchased these berries on a Saturday jaunt from a local restaurant owner. He said they're tame berries, but they were acting a little wild to me! haha.. Hugs and Happy July....

BLACKBERRY BREAD
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 c. sugar
4 eggs, well beaten
1 1/4 c. vegetable oil
2 c. fresh or frozen blackberries, drained
1 c. black walnuts, chopped
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
Mix dry ingredients together. Add eggs, oil, blackberries and nuts. Stir just until mixed. Bake in 2 well greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch pans at 350 degrees for 60- 70 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes.

No comments: