Sunday, April 18, 2010

Words to Live By

Our redbud in bloom! What a taste for the wintry palate... I love our old corn crib in the background. I spent a lot of afternoons playing around that area because we used to have a huge lumber stack there, and it was totally a multi-level dwelling (haven) for me. The crib was simply the threshold to that "nether world" where fairies lived and did my bidding---- since I reigned the queen, captive to some troll or another, but none-the-less in charge... I respectfully and reverently enter this quote for the day!

We could never have loved the earth so well if we had had no childhood in it. - George Eliot, The Mill on the Floss, 1860


Hop over to Tracey's A Cottage Industry for more wonderful quotes to live by.

1 comment:

marie said...

Redwoods are such beautiful trees and that's a very nice quote.