Friday, March 5, 2010

The Ugly Truth



Most blogs I love, if not all, focus on the good, the true, the lofty, the beautiful. Yep, they do. In light of that, I promised pictures of our driveway. I has never been this bad in the 53 years my Mom and I have lived here. It is un.be.lieve.a.ble.....
The long stretch is very, very soupy.... almost no gravel left and ruts are horrid.... The spots are mud from the curve I just plowed...

This is the curve... I mean, mudding. I just floor my Taurus and hope for the ever-lovin' best. And all the men and old-timers assure me the worst is yet to come!
This paving brick and others have surfaced from a time about 50 years ago when my dad brought them in and used them to sink into the mud to originally build this road... What is going on with the earth?

My car picture doesn't do the mud justice... It actually looks kind of clean, but it isn't...

2 comments:

Becky K. said...

If it weren't for the possibility of getting stuck this could be kind of fun.

I know our yard is going to have to be replanted in spots. Between the dogs and the neighbor boys using a path to get to the bus stop....

Becky K.

Lisa Pogue said...

My goodness your road is really bad. Another reason for you to get a 4X4, lol!! I think we need one just to get up our little slope of a driveway. Like you, we have no gravel left either. This is the worst part about snow!!