Saturday, January 30, 2010

I dunno... What do YOU want to do?

Pssst! What do you want to do?
=========================
Today dawned cold and beautifully clear, and Mom elected to stay in where it's warm! I was agreeable with that, having had a lovely week with lovely company on Wednesday----dear friends who always make us thankful for the good graces we experienced to find them. Then last night I went out to a favorite restaurant with two more dear friends who then came home with me... I'm in the hot fudge cherry brownie making mood, so all four of my friends were treated to a pretty plate of homemade hot fudge sauce (recipe to follow in later post), cherry chocolate cake, and vanilla bean ice cream... topped with pecans, of course... Pretty fun to make. I get carried away on the chocolate sashays back and forth.... THAT is fun!
Been looking for a box filled with a Birthday gift for my cousin... Ummm... we can't find the thing. Blameful thoughts were shared between me and my mom. We both not-so-secretly believe someone else to be at fault in the mislocation of the said gift. So far, no luck... Grrrr... I helped her in her closet a bit since she has trouble with clothes hanging and a walker.. Her rod was obviously installed by my six foot daddy... for a tiny daughter... No matter. HANG 'EM HIGH, was his motto.... and strong enough to hold an elephant... So that's good.
I am baking a blackberry-pecan pie, and if it's pretty, I'll take a photo for later... It was in the cutest jar you've ever seen, and all I did was flute the crust and add three eggs and a couple tablespoons melted butter... and a few whole pecans for "looks." It smells quite lovely.
My attitude wobbles today from quite singsong to kind of grumpy/grumbly... I attribute this to someone else, but I know not who... hahaha... I gave a huge diatribe of gripe to Mom and announced I was coming downstairs to do some Bible studying... (which we both added, "It's needed!) HAHA.. You bet...
My son borrowed the car. He's on a mission to find a new to him vehicle... Such a big decision, especially for a car/truck guy like he is..
Have a great weekend... Hugs to all...

5 comments:

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Hi!

Yes, I had the Feathered Nest and I remember you!

So glad you found me again!

All your yummy baking is making me want something sweet with my coffee!

Manuela

Lisa Pogue said...

mmmmm, I always loved when you were in the baking mood, or cooking mood!! You'll find the gift...maybe next year, but you'll find it. Cannot imagine blackberry/pecan sounds interesting and sounds like a good muffin too. I really love your new layout too!!!

Becky K. said...

This post is filled to the brim with good stuff...

Family, Friends, Chocolate, Gifts, Berries, Bible Study....

I am sure the grumpies were just a fluke...

Hugs!

Becky K.

CIELO said...

Hi Gayla... everything looks wonderful here and I'm glad you're enjoying your days with whimsy and all sort of good stuff! Have a lovely day my friend!

cielo

Julie said...

I love those quiet cozy days....

Julie
www.ridingaside.blogspot.com