Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!




Last night's magical "blue" moon illuminated our snowfall, and it was simply amazing. Surprisingly, I couldn't find the setting for my handy little camera, so my photo is grainy and actually bad. I am a MOON princess, so the Heavens gave me the best gift imaginable, a night with my family nearby and great company on the tv (Beth Moore), and the moon outside my window..

Today is better for Mom, and I am ready to fix some shrimp and steaks... sounds terrific to me. It's snowing again, and my son is "on the way." Naturally, that means any time in the next hour or so! Here is a New Year's Poem from my favorite Anam Cara... This man was a sainted genius, I believe... Have a great day!~ May your team win!
#################################


1 January 2010
From John O'Donohue (1956-2008), a blessing for your New Year:

Beannacht("Blessing")

On the day when

the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.
And when your eyes

freeze behind
the grey window
and the ghost of loss
gets in to you,
may a flock of colours,
indigo, red, green,
and azure blue
come to awaken in you
a meadow of delight.
When the canvas frays

in the currach of thought
and a stain of ocean
blackens beneath you,
may there come across the waters
a path of yellow moonlight
to bring you safely home.
May the nourishment of the earth be yours,

may the clarity of light be yours,
may the fluency of the ocean be yours,
may the protection of the ancestors be yours.
And so may a slow
wind work these words
of love around you,
an invisible cloak
to mind your life.

No comments: