Monday, December 28, 2009

Not disappointed. . .




Well, I promised you I'd share the name of the movie we watched. My dear friend gave my mother the DVD, Julie and Julia, and a copy of Julia Child's cookbook that inspired the blog that inspired the movie... We. Loved. IT!!! It was a can't lose kind of movie, and I'd been thirsting to watch it all year since I saw the first preview in the spring. I think I even blogged about the anticipation of it all.. Then I missed it at the show, so this was just the perfect gift for us. Mom loved it, too. What's not to love? Julia Child is an absolute one-of-a-kind, and Meryl Streep is pure Julia, as Meryl is with anything she does. We loved the part about Julie, too. Cooking movies are a passion with me, a la Chocolat, Like Water for Chocolate, and many, many more... Plus... it's about the therapeutic and healing solace of blogging!!! Touchdown!!! If, perchance you haven't seen it, and you like any of those things, you'll enjoy it. We loved the behind the scene interviews with the cast, too. I can't believe what went into this movie as far as crew, set, etc. Amazing. Until we meet again, Bon Apetit!



2 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Isn't it the best movie!! I watched awhile back and also did a post on it. Just made me smile and I really enjoyed it. Meryl Streep is amazing!

Allidink said...

I want to see this so bad! It looks uplifting and cheerful :)

All the best,
Allison