Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Dinner



Happy Sunday to all of you. . . And a Show-off-Your-Cottage Monday, as well!!!!


I did a bit of rearranging and straightening last night in the middle of the darkness....
This guy is one of the many beautiful ones featured on The Tassle House on Etsy.... I gave him to Mom for Halloween... I think we're moving him as soon as we put away the Fall Decor... But, he's a start!
We have a long-standing tradition at our home of Sunday Dinners with the families. When I was a younger person, we alternated between sets of grandparents, myself, and my parents. Now... it's here. And we love having my son and his friends every Sunday. Today was a simple one: meatloaf, salads, asparagus, creamy corn, and baked potatoes with sour cream... The fun extra, besides our own merry-making, was the Emmet's Jalapeno Honey salad dressing. It's made by a local restaurant in Fayette, MO, called Emmets... Yum! Kind of a sweet mayonaisse base with the tiniest bit of a kick... On to a Spinner Double Header, with myself featured as the loser on both counts... :-(

Now it's definitely time to do those Mid-term grades due in the morning... No rest for the wicked, the weary, or the worn-to-a-frazzle... Hugs for the week.

3 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love all the gorgeous vignettes, so beautifully done and so much wonderful eyecandy to see. Your tassel is fabulous too. Dinner sounds just yummy. Hope you have a great week. Hugs, Marty

Julie said...

Ahhh - Sunday dinners. I used to have those when I was a child (gazillion years ago!) ..now it is a Sunday sandwich..or cereal! ha ha..

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I love Sunday dinners..m.