Sunday, May 31, 2009

Some quick and delicious recipes...











Today was a great day to make some favorites around here... I decided first to do my son and his friend's favorite casserole: Tater Tot Casserole. I make it with a pound and a half of browned, drained hamburger, about 1/4 cup minced sauteed onion/celery combination, 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup. I stir all that together and lay on about a sack full of tater tots. I usually use the smaller kind that are made for breakfast and are called hash rounds. Then I layer on a couple giant handfuls of grated cheese. Bake about an hour or until you are tired of smelling that delicious aroma. Everything is already done when you put it in the 350 degree oven!!! Delish!
--------------------------------------

Then I tried a new wrinkle with a brownie mix. It's called Brownie Cheesecakes. Fix a brownie mix of your choice as package directs and put it into a 9 x 13 prepared pan. Don't bake! Preheat oven to 350. In a separate bowl blend 8 oz. Philly Cream Cheese, 1 egg, and 1/2 c. sugar until smooth. (Let your Philly get warm or pop in microwave for 30 seconds) Spoon white mixture over the top of brownies and swirl with a knife or fork to get a marbled effect. Bake for about 30 minutes or until edges look done. Not. too. shabby.... and kind of quick and easy.... which isn't always a bad thing, no matter WHAT your mama told you




2 comments:

Allidink said...

Nice yum! I love casseroles :) and brownies...and cheesecake! Yay!

All the best,
Allison

Julie said...

Okay now....not ONE of those ingredients is allowed on my office diet!