Saturday, May 16, 2009

Long Time No Blog!!!

Where have I been? You ask me where I have been? Uh... Well, it was the final week of school, and I had been absent for a lot with my mom for testing... so here, in no particular chronological or importance order.... my last week!
I earned the label as "the cool teacher" because I was "selected" by our principal to supervise the kids who chose not to attend the movie for the last day of school. We hooked up Guitar Hero Metallica to my Smartboard and they totally jammed out in the dark... Three. and. one-half. hours. I love Metallica, thank goodness... but hey.... after 180 minutes, who's counting? Whew!
Mom and I took another drive through Amish country where we saw lots of new gardens and other industrious things.... no doubt sparking this next photo....
I cam home from a particularly long day at school to see a sparkly new Cub Cadet in the driveway... a step stool beside it.... and was greeted by the news that my mom was able to take her walker and get out on the step stool and get on and off and could start this baby... The only reason she hadn't mowed was she wasn't sure she could put enough pressure on the brake... Uh.... and she wonders why the lab technicians all call her feisty???? We sent it back.... That lady loves to work!
I attended two wonderful graduations, one in the school where I teach now (purple Wildcats)... and one where I taught a few years ago (blue Raiders).
And where I'm headed in a few minutes.... all tucked into my comfy down coverlet.... visions of summer vacation all tucked in my head... (no, that's not my bed. That photo is from n.gottier flickr.com.






3 comments:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am sure you are a cool teracher all the time!!! Smiles and wishes for a great weekend..m.

Allidink said...

Haha Guitar Hero is great but yeah it can get old fast. Somehow my boyfriend and his brothers can play it for hours...lol Watching the screen scroll over and over makes me get nauseous LOL.

All the best,
Allison

Becky K. said...

Happy end-of-the-year to you, Gayla.

I love the visual of your dear mother and the mower...yikes!