Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Apron Party Farewell!

Here are the last of the shots of the party. The table filled with salads and appetizers. Guests brought their favorites to share, and they brought recipes for the guest of honor, as well. My cousin decided to wear the eleven aprons she received. What a hoot to watch each layer go on!!! Some were vintage, and one was hand made from "fat quarters" by an artistic friend. My cousin was treated to a surprise barbecue by her husband and family the day after this, so although her REAL birthday isn't until tomorrow, she has partied hearty.

Well, it's time to share a moment with The Gilmore Girls. I must say the first five years were wonderful, and the last two are a bit off the money for me... but I want to see it through. I liked it better when "reality" didn't hit Stars Hollow.... I won't say much in case there are those reading who don't know the story line yet... It's still the best show I ever followed, hands down. I just wanted Lorelai Gilmore to be that ultimate woman, without the flaws that would plague us ordinary creatures.... and Luke? Has there ever been a better man????? (on tv, at least.)

Have a great day. Hope the storms don't get too bad here. What severe weather changes in Missouri... Today was balmy and beautiful, and Saturday they're calling for snow... Ahhhh.. March will come in like my Lion!!!!

3 comments:

Lisa Pogue said...

What a great idea. I love this. I want an apron party too.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I do so like aprons have not had one since I was a child. Mt Grandmother used to make all of my clothes and they were all beautiful!! Have a great week...m.

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea for a party! I always wear an apron while cleaning and doing other chores around the house♥