Sunday, October 19, 2008

Stroll in the moonlight

Okay... so I admit it. I'm actually a great big yellow chicken with a bright red tail! LAST NIGHT I had procrastinated long enough on the big box of journals and workbooks I lugged home from school. Our quarter ended Friday, so with infinite patience the school requires grades on Monday... grrr... Anyway, I walked out to my car about midnight, waning moonlight washing the driveway. I spotted the little black wooly worm that's been camping on our sidewalk and wondered if it really meant we were having a gosh darned bad winter.... I opened the back door of my little Taurus... and there it was... "SNUFF" kind of like a pony, maybe a deer, maybe a snort... maybe.... this ole tater tot can actually get a burn on after all! I grabbed the big heavy box and stumped for the house.... Well, I could see nothing in the drive. I heard no more... What was that, do you think? Whatever it was, the noise was only a few feet behind me.... And of course, I decided a cup of hot tea and a little time under my cozy feather duvet would be a good respite for the chilly reception the night had dealt me... Uh, I woke up this morning with no papers done, no idea what snuffed at me... no excuses really. So, this morning I made a big crock pot of chili and I'm puttering with fall mantel ideas... I see the notebooks, and they see me. I will tackle them this afternoon.... and take the box to the car before sunset... Have a wonderful Sunday.

1 comment:

Lisa Pogue said...

You crack me up. I bet your little booty was moving fast. I remember searching for a screeching,howling cat outside of your basement on one extremely dark evening and you weren't scared a bit. I have to admit, I was a little nervous. You were such a brave little peanut years ago. My where does time fly? Come visit, I'm having a giveaway...